I have moved to the University of Bayreuth.
My new web site is still under development but can be found here.
- Foundations of Internet Technology (XML Schema
Languages, XML Querying, Static Analysis,...)
- Formal Languages and Automata Theory
- Database Theory
- Formal Methods (Logics, Complexity, ...)
- Dynamic Algorithms
- Katja Losemann (since 11/2010)
- I was born in 1979, I am married to Beate Martens and
- Licentiate (Master's degree) in
Mathematics and Computer Science, University
- Teaching Assistant, Theoretical
Computer Science group, Hasselt
University (Belgium), 2001-2006.
- Visiting researcher in the DBAI
group at the Technical
University of Vienna (Austria), Dec. 2004-March 2005.
- PhD in Computer Science, Hasselt
University (Belgium), advisor: Frank
- Post-Doc, Lehrstuhl
in der Informatik at the Technical
of Dortmund (Germany), 2006-2009.
(assistant professor) at the Technical
of Dortmund (Germany), since 2009.
- DFG Emmy Noether Research Group Leader since April 2011.
of the Junge
Kolleg of the North-Rhine Westfalian Academy of Sciences and Arts, 2008
Belgium Prijs voor de Informatica (Belgian Dissertation Award
in Computer Science), 2006
- University of Dortmund:
- Winter 2008/2009: Projektgruppe
"Pattern-based Schema Languages"
- Invited speaker:
- Journal Reviewer:
- Journal of the ACM, ACM Transactions on
Programming Languages and
Systems, VLDB Journal, Journal of Computer
and System Sciences, Theoretical Computer Science, Theory of Computing
Systems, Information Systems, Information Science,
Computation, Information Processing Letters, Fundamenta
Informaticae, Journal of
Zhejiang University Science
- I maintain the PODS Pages
|My Erdös number is at most 3 (Frank Neven -> Noga
Alon -> Paul Erdös).
one would include an episode of a certain TV show, my Bacon number
would be at most 4 (Natalia Druyts -> Michael Pas -> Maximilian
Schell -> Kevin Bacon). Not that this stuff actually matters. Some
people do seem to entertain themselves with Erdös-Bacon
Being at the University of Dortmund is great! The
view from my window provides me with constantly evolving inspiration on
which is known to be PSPACE-complete
My former university in Hasselt provided me with very useful
on XML with data